For now we realize online course of Sumi-e in English once a month. You can participate in any month you want.
Saturday, January 9th, 2021
Saturday, February 6th, 2021
Saturday, March 6th, 2021
Central Eastern Time (Barcelona, Paris, Berlin…: 17:00-18:30)
= London: 16:00-17:30
= New York: 12:00-13:30
(Please calculate it in your time zone!)
Price: 23 euros per person (29 USD)
– For the materials, it is difficult to shop around freely in this COVID-19 situation so I made an “alternative” list so that you can start now. Please see below.
– The class has limited seats and we paint step by step and it adapts to all levels. Previous knowledge is not necessary. You complete a few final works of each theme.
– In the class, we will introduce the materials that are selected to teach traditional Sumi-e, Japanese painting art correctly and where to buy them online.
– The teacher is Japanese and has a teacher certificate of Sumi-e from the International Sumi-e Association in Tokyo.
If you want to continue Sumi-e, we practice a theme in one or two classes. When you practice all the subjects of the basic course and all the final works of each subject are presented, you will receive a certificate of completion and you go up to the advanced level course.
1. Big brush (Approx 3,5cm length y diameter 0,8cm of the part of the hair)
2. Small brush (Approx 2,5cm length y diameter 0,4cm of the part of the hair)
***For 1. and 2., the alternatives are watercolour pencils.
3. Chinese/Japanese Ink (Alternative: Black watercolour or any kind of black ink)
4. Rice paper (Alternative: Watercolour paper or any kind of sheet paper to start)
5. Felt (minimum 40 x 60 cm – Alternative: Black sweater/cloth with smooth surface)
6. Paperweight (Alternative: stones, batteries…)
7. Suzuri · Stone plate for ink (Alternative: espresso cup or shooter glass)
8. Small plates (alternative: lids of cristal bottles of jam etc.)
9. Small cloth
10. Charcol or pencil